Category — My Portfolio
Here is the latest Senex Energy Fortnightly Drilling Report for your perusal. More information regarding Senex can be found in” My Portfolio.”
Fortnightly drilling report – Senex kicks off its 12 well unconventional gas program with Paning-2
1. Senex Energy Limited (Senex) will begin its 12 well unconventional gas exploration program in the next week when Weatherford Rig 826 drills Paning-2 in northern Cooper Basin permit PEL 90.
2. In the last fortnight, Senex cased and suspended the unconventional gas exploration well Kingston Rule-1 in PEL 115 ahead of fracture stimulation and production testing. [Read more →]
December 6, 2012 Comments Off
Focus Minerals Ltd. (ASX: FML) is the only gold stock in My Portfolio at the moment, Though I must admit that I am doing research on a couple of other small cap gold miners one of these being MOY. More details on these at a later date, in the meantime I wish you profitable gold trading.
Focus Shareholders Overwhelmingly Support Shandong Gold Placement.
Focus Minerals Ltd. (ASX: FML), a leading Australian gold producer and explorer, is pleased to announce that shareholders have overwhelmingly supported the Company’s plan to raise approximately $225 million through the Placement of new shares with Shandong Gold International Mining Corporation Limited.
Focus Minerals Chairman Don Taig said the investment would establish the foundation for Focus to become a highly profitable gold production company through the development of existing projects and new discoveries from targeted exploration as well as the potential for future value accretive acquisitions. [Read more →]
December 3, 2012 Comments Off
More good news from Senex Energy Limited (Senex) (Asx Code SXY)
Kingston Rule-1 unconventional gas exploration well delivers 53 metres of net gas pay
Senex Energy Limited (Senex) (Asx Code SXY),is pleased to report, on behalf of the PEL 115 joint venture, that the Kingston Rule-1 unconventional gas exploration well has delivered 53 metres of net gas pay from the tight gas sands of the southern Cooper Basin as well as 170 metres of shale and coal.
1. Senex spudded the Kingston Rule-1 unconventional gas exploration well on 21 October 2012 and reached total depth of 2,872 metres on 21 November 2012.
2. The well intersected a total of 53 metres of net gas pay, with 9 metres of pay in the Epsilon Formation and 44 metres of pay in the Patchawarra Formation tight gas sands. [Read more →]
November 30, 2012 Comments Off
Senex (ASX Code SXY ) is going from strength to strength. The share price is sitting on around a handy 0.67 cents per share. One for the bottom draw perhaps. But remember always to do your research first before buying any share.
Senex confirms new oil field discovery at Spitfire on the western flank of the Cooper Basin
Senex Energy Limited (Senex) is pleased to advise that successful exploration on the western flank of the Cooper Basin has confirmed the presence of an oil field at Spitfire.
1. The Spitfire-2 exploration well has confirmed the discovery of a new oil field updip of Spitfire-1.
2. Analysis of wireline logs confirms that the well intersected 6.5 metres of net oil pay in the mid-Birkhead Formation.
3. Spitfire-2 has been cased and suspended as a future oil producer.
The Spitfire-2 deviated oil exploration well targeted the mid-Birkhead Formation. It is located 530 metres north west of the Spitfire-1 oil exploration well in PEL 104 and approximately two kilometres west of the Growler oil field in PRL 15 (Senex 60% and Operator; Beach Energy Limited 40% in both permits).
It was designed as a follow-up well to the Spitfire-1 exploration well, which delivered good oil shows but was plugged and abandoned as uncommercial in February 2012.
Ensign Rig 48 commenced drilling on 17 November 2012 and reached total depth of 1,900 metres on 23 November 2012. Wireline logs confirmed the presence of a gross oil column of nearly seven metres (vertical thickness) in the Birkhead Formation over the interval 1,713.9 metres to 1,720.7 metres (vertical depth) with interpreted net oil pay of 6.5 metres (vertical thickness).
I wish you profitable trading.
November 28, 2012 Comments Off
This ASX report is one of several that can seen by going to the ASX. As you know I have had this stock in My Portfolio for quite a while, back when it was a small cap company. I must admit the future definitely looks bright for Senex. Particularly at its current share price. But remember always do your own research before entering any stock.
Chairman’s Address at 2012 Annual General Meeting
Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the 2012 Annual General Meeting for Senex Energy Limited. It is especially pleasing as this last year has been the Company’s best year since its inception. This morning, I would like to briefly review the 2012 results, share my reflections on remuneration and take a moment to consider the outlook of the Company. 2012 results
In 2011/12, Senex achieved major milestones that demonstrated the Company really has the energy to deliver. Senex is now more valuable than ever before. Its financial performance has overshadowed all previous results. Operationally, Senex is stronger, more resilient, and importantly, positioned for continued rapid growth in the future. [Read more →]
November 21, 2012 Comments Off
Senex (ASX Code SXY) has furter extended the existing Snatcher oil field which is already a good oil producer. This find greatly enhances the future prospects for Senex.
“Snatcher-9 was a true appraisal well; testing the north westerly extension of the Snatcher oil field. This very positive result confirms the size and quality of the Snatcher-Charo oil field. It also continues to demonstrate that the western flank holds enormous resource potential,” he said.
Snatcher-9 is a deviated well, targeting the mid-Birkhead Formation. The final bottom hole location for the well is approximately 350 metres north west of the bottom hole location for the successful Snatcher-10 appraisal well in PPL 240.
Senex spudded the Snatcher-9 appraisal well on 2 November and reached a total measured depth of 1,908 metres on 8 November.
Wire line logs confirmed the presence of a more than 13 metre (vertical thickness) gross oil column in the Birkhead formation over the interval 1,768.0 to 1,781.7 metres (vertical depth) with interpreted net oil pay of 11.2 metres (vertical thickness).
Senex will case and suspend the Snatcher-9 oil appraisal well as a future producer.
Ensign Rig 48 will then move to the Spitfire-2 appraisal well location in PEL 104, west of the Growler oil field in PRL 15.
Senex holds a 60% interest in PEL 111, PEL 104, PPL 240 and PRL 15, and is the Operator of the joint ventures. Beach Energy Limited holds the remaining 40% interest.
November 13, 2012 Comments Off
Here are the key points of the Fortnightly drilling report for Senex Energy (Asx code SXY). The full report can be seen on the ASX.
Fortnightly drilling report – Appraisal drilling continues at Snatcher oil field in the Cooper Basin
1. Senex Energy Limited (Senex) spudded the Snatcher-9 appraisal well on 2 November to assess the northern limits of the Snatcher oil field on the Cooper Basin’s western flank.
2. Weatherford Rig 826 is drilling ahead on Senex’s fourth unconventional gas exploration well Kingston Rule-1 in the southern Cooper Basin.
3. Extended production testing of the successful Mustang-1 oil exploration well is expected to commence in late November, weather permitting.
4. Senex finalised preparations for a new 3D seismic survey of PEL 104 and PEL 111 adjacent to the successful Growler and Snatcher oil fields.
5. Work continued on a 224 square kilometre 3D seismic survey of the acreage north of the Cuisinier oil field to identify the next generation of oil targets in the Queensland Cooper Basin.
November 7, 2012 Comments Off
Just for interest, here is a portion of FAR’ s activity report. The full report can be seen by clicking here. Although a small cap company FAR is ideally placed in a locale where other big copmpanies such as Exxon Mobile, British Gas and Chevron are busy sniffing around looking for drilling opportunities. The stock is ideally priced at 0.034 cents per share.,with plenty of upside in the future.
Activity Report for FAR. 2012
Cash balance of $24.5M
Completion of Kenya 3D seismic survey – fast track products underway
Apache well proves hydrocarbons offshore Kenya
Appointment of Ben Clube as Commercial Manager
Withdrawal from Jamaica project [Read more →]
November 3, 2012 Comments Off
It looks like the Chinese gold miner Shandong Gold has been given the go ahead to purchase 51% of Focus Minerals (ASX Code FML). This will give FML $225 million to further its expansion plans for the future. Subject to approval by the shareholders. I think that will be a foregone conclusion. FML could be a small cap stock to keep an eye on for future growth.
Focus Minerals Ltd. (ASX: FML), a leading Australian gold producer and explorer, said today the Independent Expert report on the Company’s plan to raise approximately $225 million through the placement of new shares with Shandong Gold International Mining Corporation Limited (“Shandong Gold”) (the “Placement”) has concluded that the transaction is “fair and reasonable” to Focus shareholders.
The Independent Expert report has been prepared by BDO Corporate Finance and was today sent to Focus’ shareholders, along with a Notice of Annual General Meeting and Explanatory Memorandum. The Annual General Meeting will be held on 30 November 2012 in Perth. [Read more →]
October 31, 2012 Comments Off
Here are the Highlights From Focus Minerals (FML) 2012 Annual Report which I currently have in My Portfolio.The full report can be viewed on the ASX.
• Completed takeover in October 2011
• Invested $17M into the development of the Laverton operations opening up 3 new operating areas to turnaround production
• Turned around operations to produce 86,673oz of gold for the financial year
• Already reduced cash operating costs to approx. $1,203/oz from $1,544/oz at takeover
• Delivering sustainable operating cost savings across the operations
• Funded turnaround internally from cash balances [Read more →]
October 29, 2012 Comments Off