Category — My Portfolio
This report plus others relevant to Senex (asx code SXY) can be seen by going to the ASX website.
Senex delivers record profit of $23.4 million and 70% production increase for the 2012/13 half year
Senex Energy Limited (ASX:SXY, Senex) today announced a record $23.4 million net profit after tax for the first half of 2012/13 following a 70% increase in net oil production from the Company’s Cooper Basin oil fields over the period.
1. Record net oil production of 660,136 barrels, up 10% on the full year 2011/12 result and 70% on the previous six months
2. Group revenue of $77.3 million, up 208%
3. Gross profit of $40.7 million, up 270%
4. Net profit after tax1 of $23.4 million, up $21.4 million on half year ended 31 December 2011
5. EBITDAX2 of $36.5 million, up $28.7 million
6. Strong cash position of $150 million at 31 December 2012, with no debt
7. Coal seam gas 2P reserves upgraded to 156.6 PJ (+13.4%) and 3P reserves to 357.7 PJ (+13.9%) [Read more →]
February 26, 2013 Comments Off
Here is the latest Update on Far Limited ( Asx Code FAR) . More information can be seen in the section ” My Portfolio” right here on Asxnewbie. The complete update which was too large to be posted here can be seen at the ASX. Here are the highlights.
Offshore East Africa
9 exploration licenses in 3 countries
•Combined 31,400km2 area
•Combined best estimate unrisked prospective resources 2,425MMboe*
•5 wells in next 18 months1
•Drill Kenya L6, Senegal end 2013
•Data acquisition phase complete, well obligations only
•Numerous prospects and leads mapped
•Sinapa field (est 100mmbbls recoverable) to be appraised Q3/4 2013
Assuming current options are taken up *From RISC Competent Persons Report (CPR) Oct 2010, RPS CPR Jun 2011, Senergy CPR Nov 2011 and excluding Kora estimates. [Read more →]
February 15, 2013 Comments Off
Here is the latest updated drilling report for Senex Energy. The full report can be seen on the ASX website.
Senex Energy Limited (ASX:SXY, Senex) has commenced a large scale fracture stimulation program on its unconventional gas exploration wells in the South Australian Cooper Basin, beginning with Skipton-1 in PEL 516 (Senex 100%). The five well program aims to delineate unconventional gas resources in several Senex permits in the southern and northern South Australian Cooper Basin.
Senex has successfully drilled three new dedicated unconventional gas exploration wells in its southern permits (Skipton-1, Kingston Rule-1, and Talaq-1). A fourth well, Paning-2 in the northern Cooper Basin, has successfully been drilled and is currently being cased. Senex observed significant zones of net gas pay within all of these wells.
This program involves fracture stimulation and flow testing of these wells, along with the existing Hornet-1 well which flowed gas to surface during drilling in 2004. Senex expects this program will provide information on post-fracture production rates and detailed information to allow the refinement of fracture stimulation design within tight gas sands, shales and deep coals in the Cooper Basin. [Read more →]
February 11, 2013 Comments Off
Here is the latest financial report for Focus Minerals. The full report can be seen on the ASX website.More details on FML can also be seen by going to My Portfolio here on Asxnewbie.
Half Year Financial Results Update.
Focus Minerals Ltd. (ASX: FML), a leading Australian gold producer and explorer, said today its unaudited net loss after tax for the six months ended 31 December 2012 is expected to be approximately $27.4 million. This figure includes losses for minority interests in its Laverton operations of $4.1 million. The expected consolidated loss for Focus for the period is therefore $23.3 million.
The half-year loss of $27.4 million is primarily impacted by the following large expense items:
• Approximately $26 million in amortisation costs, including $22 million for the pre-strip of the Apollo pit complex in Laverton; and
• $15 million in royalty payments, including $9.6 million for an inherited royalty obligation with respect to a long-standing agreement on selected tenements in the Laverton region. [Read more →]
February 8, 2013 Comments Off
Here is the latest drilling report for Senex Energy. The full report can be seen on the ASX website.
Senex Limited (ASX Code SXY) will now distribute monthly drilling reports to provide shareholders with regular updates on its oil, unconventional gas and coal seam gas exploration, appraisal and development activities. Each report will summarise activities undertaken during the preceding month and provide an indication of activities planned for operated and non-operated permits.
1. Drilling completed on the unconventional gas exploration well Paning-2 on 2 February.
2.Five well fracture stimulation program underway to assess unconventional gas assets in the Cooper Basin.
3. Successful development drilling increases production at Snatcher oil field.
4. The next drilling report will be released on 6 March 2013. [Read more →]
February 7, 2013 Comments Off
Here are the highlights of the Quartely Activities Report for Focus Minerals. More details about FML can be seen in My Portfolio here on Asxnewbie .com .The complete report can be found on the ASX website.
Quartely Activities Report: December 2012
• Completes share placement at premium to Shandong Gold, raising $225 million
• Placement cements partnership with China’s third largest gold producer
• Production for the December quarter in line with previous guidance at 41,097oz
• December quarter gold sales 41,691oz, generating Group revenue of A$68.95 million
• Average gold sale price $1,654/oz
• Laverton exceeds expectations, delivering 25,674oz from just 37 processing days
• Laverton output up 32% to 100,548oz for 2012, at an average C1 cash cost of $1,186/oz Corporate
During the December quarter, Focus Minerals completed its share placement to Shandong Gold International Mining Corp Ltd, issuing 4,501,997,651 new fully paid ordinary shares at 5 cents each to raise approximately $225 million. The Placement was at a strong premium to Focus’ share price, cementing a partnership with China’s third largest gold producer. [Read more →]
February 2, 2013 Comments Off
Here are the highlights of the Quarterly Report for Far Limited (ASX code FAR.) More details on FAR can be found in the section My Portfolio here on Asxnewbie.com. The full report can be viewed at the ASX website.
Encouraging results from initial Kenya 3D seismic process data
Well planning underway for drilling in Block L6, Kenya
Nearing completion of Senegal prospect mapping and seismic interpretation
Secured 3 year extension on Guinea Bissau acreage with no commitments
Cash and term deposits at end of Quarter of $23.2 million [Read more →]
January 31, 2013 Comments Off
This is the Quarterly Report 31 December 2012 for Senex Energy Limited asx code SXY. The full report can be seen on the ASX.
1. Half year oil production exceeds full year result for 2011/12: Senex Energy Limited (Senex) produced 660,136 barrels of oil (net) from operated and non-operated fields in the six months to 31 December 2012, representing a 10% improvement on the full year result for 2011/12 and a 70% increase on the previous six months.
2. Rigs secured for oil and gas exploration: Senex has contracted two rigs to undertake its planned oil and gas exploration campaigns for 2012/13 and 2013/14.
3. Strong production to continue from western flank oil fields: New oil wells were completed for production at the Snatcher and Growler oil fields during the quarter and Spitfire was completed for production in January. In addition, the Mustang-1 well was placed on extended production test in November 2012 and the Snatcher-6 well was placed on production in late December 2012.
4.Successful oil exploration on the western flank: Exploration drilling confirmed an oil field discovery at Spitfire and extended the Snatcher oil field to the northwest, beyond the field’s production licence area and into the neighbouring exploration permit.
5.Growler to Moomba pipelines operational: Two pipelines linking the Growler oil field to the Moomba oil processing facility became operational on 12 December 2012. [Read more →]
January 23, 2013 Comments Off
Here is the latest news on FML. You can find more details in My Portfolio. The full announcement can be seen on the ASX.
• Drilling commences at Treasure Island, Coolgardie and Laverton.
Focus Minerals Ltd. (ASX: FML), a leading Australian gold producer and explorer, has commenced a suite of new drilling programs across its Coolgardie and Laverton operations following the completion of the $225 million Placement of shares to Shandong Gold International Mining Corporation Limited.
“We are targeting growth in Ore Reserves to 1 million ounces and in Mineral Resources to 5.5 million ounces over the next three years,” said Focus Minerals Chief Executive Officer Campbell Baird.
“We have 1,650 square kilometres of tenements in two world class gold producing districts, but less than 4% of these tenements have been explored, so we’re very excited about what the future holds.”
Focus’ Mineral Resource currently stands at 59Mt @ 2.2g/t for 4.3Moz and Ore Reserves of 7.6Mt @ 2.19g/t for 0.51Moz.
Mr Baird said more than 40 priority targets had been identified across its tenement package.
The new programs that have commenced immediately are:
• Treasure Island - A specialised lake diamond drill rig has been commissioned at the Treasure Island Gold Project to target a 4km long anomaly on the eastern zone (see ASX announcement 16 February 2012). The eastern zone target is the second gold bearing system identified running through the project which is located on the Boulder Lefroy fault 35km to the south along strike from the major gold camp of St Ives in Kambalda, Western Australia. [Read more →]
January 16, 2013 Comments Off
Here is the latest drilling reoprt from Senex ( Asx Code SXY). The full report can be found on the asx website
Fortnightly drilling report – Drilling begins on the Paning-2 unconventional gas exploration well in the northern Cooper Basin
1. Senex Energy Limited (Senex) commenced drilling the unconventional gas exploration well Paning-2 on 15 December to assess the tight sands and deep coal seams of northern Cooper Basin permit PEL 90.
2. At Paning-2, Senex estimates potential gas in place of 2.1 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) in the deep coal seams with additional material targets in the tight Permian sands.
3. Paning-2 will test a 9,000 acre structure that is the first of a series of similar targets throughout the Patchawarra Trough.
4.The Snatcher-6 oil well will commence production by the end of this week. Senex expects to commence commissioning the Snatcher-8 oil well before the end of the year. [Read more →]
December 19, 2012 Comments Off